Code of Conduct
Leeds Apprentice Festival 2021 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, class, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from our events at the discretion of ODI Leeds staff or other event organisers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other event
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour or comments event organisers/ODI staff retain the right to take any actions to keep the event/work-space a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
Event organisers/ODI staff may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules in online-only events. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our events for everyone. We want you to be happy at our events. People like you make our events a better place.
You can make a report via the Helpdesk or in the chat functions during live sessions. Alternatively, you can make a personal report by:
- Direct message: Using the direct message facility on Airmeet to the host ODILeeds.
- Email: Contacting a member of staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone/txt: Calling or messaging 07570 805107. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of events.